1. Never be angry at the same time as your spouse.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. Yield to the wishes of the other as an exercise in self-discipline if you can’t think of a better reason.
4. If you have a choice between making your self or your mate look good – choose your mate.
5. If you feel you must criticize, do so lovingly.
6. Never bring up a mistake of the past.
7. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
8. Never let the day end without saying at least one complimentary thing to your partner.
9. Never meet without an affectionate welcome.
10. Never go to bed mad.
11. When you made a mistake, talk it out and ask for forgiveness.
12. Remember, it takes two to make an argument. The one who is wrong is the one who will be doing most of the talking.
~ Ann Landers